Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Some Kind of Dream...

I'm sitting upstairs in this depressing diner, looking at the flooding streets below. It rains a lot here. The Killers are playing softly in the background. I'm playing across the street in half an hour. It's a good venue, but for some reason I'm in no hurry to leave the flawless sense of nostalgia I find in this cafe. I've been flipping through pictures a lot today. They remind me of things I used to feel. You wouldn't know it to look at her now, but she used to be so beautiful...she still hits me every once in awhile....
I wrote this song last night about a bird trying to fly over a mountain but gets shot through the heart and falls through the branches and lands in a dark, unknown area. He's terrified, but as it turns out, he finds everything he was looking for at that place on the mountain and would have missed it all had his original plan not failed. I kind of feel like that sometimes. I've been shot before. I'm pretty sure I've killed a few people too. We all have. I tried to get a hotel for the second time in twenty days. I'm pathetic. I checked in but there were no lightbulbs in the room so I left. I like it better in my truck anyway. No one bothers me there. I'm too loud for sophistication. I keep having this weird dream about a beautiful girl singing on a dimly lit stage with me. The audience is captivated and our chemistry is amazing. Everybody's silent and listening intently. We sing a few songs and she starts crying and turns to leave but I stop her and ask her what's wrong. She smiles at me and whispers, 'we were wonderful, weren't we?'. I smile. Then the lights go out, everyone goes crazy with uproarious applause and when the lights come back on she's gone...it bothers me...

No comments: