Pages

Sunday, January 30, 2011

A Step-By-Step Guide to Committing the 7 Deadly Sins in 30 Seconds

I am pleased to announce that, while our Daytona show was by far the highlight the trip, our hotel lived up to the high standard of our previously visited rooms. At first glance we were amazed to find, what appeared to be, a flawless hotel room complete with mini fridge, safe-box, beds with flawless appearance and a delightful swan made out of a towel perched atop the toilet. However, after hearing Kelly complain about the fact that she only had one blanket on her bed, I pulled back my comforter to find that, beneath the deceitful appearance of bed making perfection, I had no sheets whatsoever. Glad to know housekeeping didn't let us down on our final night of the trip. I'm pretty sure there is a hotel hotline that rings every time Hot Riot! books a room. "Attention all hotels, Hot Riot! is coming to town and needs a good laugh, mess with their rooms!"
As was expected, last nights show in Daytona was incredible. I could play Universities every night. The energy and excitement that comes from the crowd is amazing. Despite our obnoxious behavior, horrible sense of humor and atrocious knack for remixing Sesame Street and Jesus Christ Superstar records, the guys at 99.1 FM were cool enough to invite us back to hang out and do a pre-show broadcast with them and even took us to hang out after the show. Be sure to check out DJ's Double-D and Bones if you're ever in the Daytona Beach area. Awesome awesome people.

I'm really glad I was able to make it through Tampa tonight. There was this amazingly somber looking old man with an obvious lust for dance in the parking lot of Perkins blaring techno at 2:30am. All I wanted to do was give him a Hot Riot! CD and beg him to be my dad. I really want to be him when I grow up. I adore the fact that our ever-awesome-late-night outings always leave me with timeless stories and hilariously offensive one-liners rolling through my brain. Good times.

 "...he wanted to go out with a wooo wooo." - Hillary, on the subject of the St Pete man who filmed his train-induced suicide. Priceless.

No comments: