Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

C'est La Vie, Mon Amour...

Today I learned about half-birthdays.  I'm not sure that I believe in them.  The midway point between one birthday and the next? It works, I guess. Nonetheless, we celebrated it a bit more than half-heartedly.  I want a half funeral. Gather 'round for the mid-way point to dying; the halfway mark to life. There's a party for you. Hell, we could serve fruit and ginger-ale; what a great night we'd enjoy.
Tonight would be perfect; it's beautiful, with tinges of a storm a'brewin'. A good night for minds to wander; a good night to reminisce. There are so many places we could go and so many holes we've been to...

          ...I've decided that I want a coon-skin cap. No reason, really - I just feel like one per household should be required by law. Kind of the same way dogs should be allowed in bars; it's strange, but in a way it all makes sense.

                     ...memory is a weird thing, it'll eat you alive or set you free...

  ...it's funny, there's this black and turquoise flower peering out from behind my sleeve and stretching its scaring leaves about my wrist. It goes up awhile, through waves and words o'er a storm covered beacon. I guess I look different now - even my hair is longer and I'm told I smile more often. It hit me oddly; you knew the dark in me, and witnessed the light out shining. But to think you know so little of me now - even of my outsides. How much has changed with you? What intriguing thoughts a'birthing.  Here today, far gone tomorrow. Be gone worry, be gone woe, these beds hold no rest for you now...

     ...wander on, for peace now here abides...

                                ....what a comfort that though brings...

                    ...what strangely peaceful voids...

        ...it's funny, time is...

                       ....it's timeless, you know...

No comments: