Pages

Friday, May 3, 2013

In the Pines, In the Pines...

...and so it goes. What daring consistency. What unparalleled steadfastness. You're some sort of evergreen error in an e'er-changing, forest of human decency. We all change and form with the weather - yet still you stand; unfazed, unmoved, as stubborn and predictable as ever. I used to think it was a good thing - but consistency is only as good as the thing you're consistent about. It's a shame, I'm always the one watering your roots and keeping the axes at bay. I've tried - I really have. I want to believe that you've changed; that it's just your will and strength that's all-enduring - but it's not. You've clung to your flaws and dug them so deeply that it's unhealthy now. It's over, child - I'll find my comfort in some other pine...

No comments: